Have you recently invested in buying expensive upholstery? Well, it is not a bad idea at all as the right type of upholstery can bring in a splash of elegance and beauty in your house. However, all your expenses can turn out to be futile in the case you don’t follow the basic rules of maintenance.
Most of the people tend to believe that vacuuming is all they can do to protect the upholstery from dirt and debris. However, in reality, it is just an essential step to clean up the large dirt substances. To make sure it is thoroughly cleaned, you need to take professional help.
Especially, when the upper cover is made of silk or leather, you ought to take some special care of the material to make sure it can keep on shining like new.
Upholstery Maintenance – The Rules
Check out some basic maintenance tips for your upholstery that you need to follow
- Vacuum the layer every day. The hair strands and popcorns may be there scattered everywhere, and with vacuuming, you can clean up the mess around. In the case you already pets in your house, the pet far is sure to be there in your upholstery, and therefore, those are required to be cleaned up through vacuuming.
- In the cases of both leather and silk-based upholstery, spillages should be avoided. Well, you cannot ask the guests to do that. However, you can avoid drinking any beverages sitting on the sofa set. You should get on removing the spillage marks instantly as soon as it fells on the upholstery.
- Well, it is crucial to avoid the hair dryer by soaking up the liquid should be avoided in the very first place to prevent the fabric from shrinking.
- To make sure the brightness of the fabric of your upholstery remains intact for a long time, you are required to avoid putting it under direct sunlight.
- For leather-based upholstery, you have to remain a bit extra careful before using any detergent based cleaning agents as the solution can damage the fabric badly.
- You ought to use the best quality leather-based cleaner available in the market to keep the leather bright and shining for a long time.
Mistakes to Avoid in Upholstery Cleaning
Remember that there is no room for experimentation. You ought to know exactly what you are going to use the upholstery fabric and how it might react.
Be aware of what kinds of mistakes can happen on your part
- A lot of people make a mistake too much of water while cleaning up the upholstery. However, it is a costly mistake, especially if you apply the similar rule on leather-based upholstery. Inviting the moisture will eventually damage the material ultimately.
- Don’t make the mistake of using any of the cleaners without trying it on anything else similar to see how correctly it reacts. It’s a considerable risk to directly use it on the upholstery, and it is recommended to be smart in this case.
- Another costly mistake you must refrain yourself from is to put the cleaners before vacuuming. With all the dirt and soil on the fabric, the liquid detergent will get thick and will remain ineffective
Odour Removal is a crucial part of Upholstery Cleaning
As per the experts associated with professional upholstery cleaning service in Sydney, it is as vital as to remove the odour from the fabric to remove the dirt as soon as possible. A simple homemade spray will work magically on the foul smell. Take one-fourth cup of baking soda and mix it well with aromatic essential oil. You can also include a little bit of water in this to make it more liquid. Use a spray bottle to spread it all over the upholstery, and it will instantly freshen up the upholstery.